Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Super Chocolate Chip Cookies

The following recipe is my favorite for chocolate chip cookies. Whenever I've brought them to a party, people always ask me for the recipe. There is nothing particularly remarkable about the recipe itself - although I have adapted it slightly from the original which I think came from "Mrs. Field's". I do remember, however, that in sixth grade we made a cookie recipe book for our moms for mother's day. My teacher, my best friend, and I just happened to submit the exact same recipe! Anyone else have a good cookie recipe to share?

Super Chocolate Chip Cookies (Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.)

Cream together:
1 cup softened butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup brown sugar
Add:
2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla

In separate bowl, mix:
2 cups flour, 2 1/2 cups blended oatmeal (Pour small amounts of oatmeal into blender and blend not to a powder, just enough to chop it up a bit.)
Add:
1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1 tsp baking soda.

Mix together all ingredients and add one 12-ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips. You can also add 1 cup chopped walnuts if desired. If mixture seems a bit goopy (as it does when you use eggs on the large side,) then add another 1/8 cup flour.

Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet, spacing cookies about 2" apart. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned on top.

Makes about 50 cookies. Yum!

No comments: