I thought today would be a good day to share a recipe that I grew up with. My mum made quiche for dinner quite often when my sister and I were kids and we loved it! I made it a lot too when Phil and I were first married, but I haven't made it in a while since I've been trying to lose weight. I think I figured out it was like 11pts for a quarter of the quiche, but it sure is delicious and easy to make...
Quiche
1 pastry pie crust (I buy the refrigerated Pillsbury kind or similar.)
1 can of corn, drained
1 cup frozen peas (or chopped broccoli, or spinach)
1 cup diced carrots (optional - I usually don't put this in, but you could toss in frozen peas and carrots.)
1 cup diced ham
2 oz cheese, grated
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
Pinch of salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Push pastry into quiche pan. Spread corn, peas, and any other veggies over the bottom of pastry. Spread ham evenly over the veggies. Sprinkle cheese evenly over everything else. Put eggs, milk, salt and pepper in the blender and blend until bubbly. Pour evenly over entire dish. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Let it cool for a few minutes, then cut it like a pie and serve. Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment