Several months ago I went to a dinner-making party at my sister-in-law's house. A friend of hers did all the prep and we all paid a fee for the food and her time while we put the meals together and took them home to our freezers. We weren't supposed to write down the recipes, but I was sneaky and did it anyway... This one was my favorite and I now I make it fairly often. A couple of times I have added curry powder to add even more flavor. It's quite a unique entree and tastes so good even the kids will eat it!
Phyllo Baked Chicken
1 1/2 cups cream cheese
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
3/4 cup chopped green onion
Curry powder to taste (optional)
12 pieces of chicken breast (cut 6 breasts in half)
24 sheets of Phyllo dough
Melted butter
Use mixer to blend first 4 ingredients until smooth. Fold in the green onion. Dab one sheet of Phyllo dough with the melted butter and place another sheet on top. Scoop a little less than one tbsp of cream cheese mixture and place it a couple of inches from one corner of dough. Put a piece of chicken on over the mixture, then place another scoop of cream cheese on top. Fold corner, then sides, then roll it up to make a packet. Wrap each packet individually in plastic wrap then store in a gallon-size ziplock bags for freezing.
Thaw packets completely before baking. Since they are wrapped individually you can take out however many packets you need for the meal. Unwrap them before or after thawing - pastry may be slightly doughy; this is okay. Place each packet in greased baking dish and brush with melted butter. Bake uncovered @ 375 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and chicken is cooked through.
I serve these with Long Grain Wild Rice (Rice-a-roni) and vegetables.
No comments:
Post a Comment